Apple has just announced the winners of the App Store Awards for the best apps and games in 2022. The company claims that by highlighting 16 applications, they “inspired users to engage more deeply with the world, expand their imaginations, and stay connected to friends and loved ones.”
“This year’s App Store Award winners reimagined our experiences with apps that delivered fresh, thoughtful, and genuine perspectives”, said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “From self-taught solo creators to international teams spanning the globe, these entrepreneurs are making a meaningful impact, and represent the ways in which apps and games influence our communities and lives.”
For the iPhone, Apple declares that the social media platform BeReal has won the App Store Awards 2022 because it provides users with “an authentic look into the lives of their family and friends.” Gentler Streak, the app that brings compassion to your fitness goals, is the winner of this category for the Apple Watch. The one being highlighted for the iPad is GoodNotes 5, which offers “best-in-class” Apple Pencil support for digital note-taking.
The Mac app winner in the App Store Awards 2022 was MacFamilyTree 10, which “sparks the exploration of genealogy through stunning visual trees and collaboration with loved ones around the world”. Last but not least, ViX is the night’s Apple TV app winner, as it brings Spanish-language stories to the forefront of entertainment.
Which are the App Store Awards 2022 winners
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal, from BeReal;
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5, from Time Base Technology Limited;
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10, from Synium Software GmbH;
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX, from TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc;
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak, from Gentler Stories LLC.
Which are are the games that won the App Store Awards 2022:
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile, from Electronic Arts;
- iPad Game of the Year: Moncage, from X.D. Network Inc;
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption, from Devolver;
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo, from HandyGames;
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers, from Studio Drydock Pty Ltd;
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager, from Shenzhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd.